Saturday, April 11, 2009

PSP Tutorial #9 Rocker

Chromed Rocker
© BamaVamp

rocknrollbrandi.gif

Supplies Needed:

Tube of your choice, I am using a purchased licensed piece from ©Keith Garvey. You may purchase his work at mypsptubes.com
Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Textures-Diamond Plate
My Supplies (included) Skull on chain, skullsticker(by tammykat).
Download supplies here.

-----------------------------------------------

Let's Begin!

Open a new white image 500x500

Preset shapes..find rounded rectangle. Foreground null background any color ya choose.

Draw out a rounded rectangle using whatever size you want--be sure to leave room for your words around the rectangle, then convert to raster layer.

Go to Effects..Eye Candy 5 Textures..Diamond Plate. You can choose any plate that you choose. I used the Silver Small preset with default settings, click ok.

Add a drop shadow V -1 H-1 Opacity 100 Blur 2.89 color white..same drop shadow by change V and H to 1 and 1.

Add the 2 drop shadows again, following the same steps as above but change the color to black.

You should have this:
chromed1.gif

Go back to your preset shape, rounded rectangle. Foregroud null, background black. Draw out another rectangle slightly smaller than the metal one, convert to raster layer.


You now have this:

chromed2.gif

Copy the tk_skullsticker tube and paste as new layer on your working canvas. Click on the deform tool and stretch out the skull almost as wide as your black rectangle. Lower opacity of the skull to 16.

Copy my skullonchain tube and paste as a new layer on your working canvas.

Copy your main tube, I am using a tube from Keith Garvey and paste as a new layer on your working canvas.

Give her a drop shadow -1 -1 100 2.89 color #808080---drop shadow again but H&V to 1 and 1.

You should have this:
chromed3.gif

Now its all about your creativity.

I added some lyrics from Iggy Pop's 'My Baby Wants to Rock n Roll', around the metal rectangle. And I added some lyrics from Joan Jett's "I love rock n roll' to just above my name. I added a drop shadow of -1 -1 100 2.89 color #c0c0c0 to my name and the quote on the black rectangle.

Add your copyright/artist/watermark information, then go to Image...Add Border and add a black border with a width of 2 pixels & symmetric checked.

I resized my tag by 90%.

Save your tag and post!!

rocknrollbrandi.gif


This tutorial is ©BamaVamp on 4/17/07.
If you have any questions please holler at me.
DO NOT copy not translate this tutorial.
Any likeness to any other tutorial is purely coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment